Wednesday 7 February 2018

Books Read in 2018

Another widget from Goodreads that should automatically update every time I finish a book.

Mr Muir's bookshelf: read-in-2018

Hidden Figures: The Untold Story of the African American Women Who Helped Win the Space Race
really liked it
I saw the film and assumed the book would be similar, i.e. a “based on a true story” semi-fictional account. But no. This is more of a history book than an historical novel. It is meticulously researched, but told in a somewhat plodding ...
tagged: read-in-2018
Doctor Who: The Pirate Planet
it was amazing
The last Doctor Who novel I read was extremely disappointing (Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles). I was worried that someone creating a novel from a TV story by Douglas Adams would fall short and disappoint me again. I could not ...
tagged: read-in-2018
The End of the World
really liked it
We don’t talk about vampires. Wasn’t convinced by the end but otherwise a good read. A short story that I got as a free eBook on the Kindle app. It is probably still available.
tagged: read-in-2018
Gold, Babies and the Brothers Muldoon
liked it
A quick and easy read. Bit short and throws you right into the action. Very much depends on knowing the characters to make sense of it all. A short story that I got as a free eBook on the Kindle app. It is probably still available.
tagged: read-in-2018
Out of the Darkness: The transformation of one of Scotland's most violent prisoners
really liked it
Interesting read. I know the author and it is hard to believe the Anthony today was ever the Tony in the book. Account of gang culture and prison life that both facinating and horrifying. Even more incredible is the story of the transf...
tagged: read-in-2018

goodreads.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Currently Reading...

There is a widget in the sidebar that gives a link to what I am currently reading. This post has the same widget embedded and will be automa...

Popular Posts