Thursday 9 August 2018

Review: Y: The Last Man, Vol. 1: Unmanned

Y: The Last Man, Vol. 1: Unmanned Y: The Last Man, Vol. 1: Unmanned by Brian K. Vaughan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A friend raved about this book and, given the number of five star ratings it has here, it is clearly loved by many others. I thought it was good but not great.

I was tempted to give it three stars because of a major problem I have with a major plot point but in the end gave it four stars because it was a fun read. I liked the art, it made me laugh a couple of times and the pop culture references worked for me ("If you'll be my bodyguard, you can call me Al?")

My problem is with the basic premise of the book. I just cannot buy into the idea that the last two male mammals would be allowed to wander off on a quest for answers and fiancées. Seriously? Not a chance. Even if the post-event world was full of peace and love instead of a chaos and destruction, the last male would be held somewhere secure. He would be prodded and pressed in a search for answers... and descendants. His mum had the right idea: keep him secret, keep him safe.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Currently Reading...

There is a widget in the sidebar that gives a link to what I am currently reading. This post has the same widget embedded and will be automa...

Popular Posts