Tuesday 7 January 2020

Review: The Murder of Roger Ackroyd

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the first Agatha Christie I have read. I chose this book because a Google search suggested it was one of her best. I thoroughly enjoyed it and will be seeking out more.

From my limited knowledge of classic crime novels, this story was exactly what I expected, right down to the initial prime suspect: could it really be that the butler did it? Pretty much anybody could have done it and it was fun trying to guess. Needless to say, I guessed wrong!

I enjoyed working out the puzzle along with Poirot (or rather, failing to work out the puzzle) and I enjoyed the writing:
Poirot sprang from his chair. I had a moment’s terror that he was going to embrace me French fashion, but mercifully he refrained.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Currently Reading...

There is a widget in the sidebar that gives a link to what I am currently reading. This post has the same widget embedded and will be automa...

Popular Posts