Monday 22 April 2019

Review: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was kind of disappointed with this book. Most of the pictures are indeed peculiar but the writing doesn't rise to the weirdness of the photographs. The opening is promising but it kind of tails off fairly quickly thereafter. And the twists that (I think) were supposed to surprise... didn't. (I felt I had to add "I think" to the last sentence. That should tell you a lot about this book!)

By the end of the book, too much was left unresolved. It felt like it was setting up the next book rather than finishing this one. I won't be seeking out the rest of the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Currently Reading...

There is a widget in the sidebar that gives a link to what I am currently reading. This post has the same widget embedded and will be automa...

Popular Posts