Sunday 20 September 2020

Review: Elric of Melniboné

Elric of MelnibonéElric of Melniboné by Michael Moorcock
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The last Moorcock I read was six years ago... but it was (allegedly) a Doctor Who book and I didn't enjoy it (see my review for details). It has taken me a while to get back to Moorcock, which is a pity because I really enjoyed his books as a teenager.

When I came across this book, I decided to go for it even though I thought I'd probably already read it... turns out I hadn't. In the Elric books I'd read, he already had Stormbringer but here, I learned how he came to possess it (or how it came to possess him?) and I thoroughly enjoyed this origin story. A real romp that had my hooked from more or less the first page.

This is the Moorcock I remember from my youth. I don't intend to wait another six years before I read more. I'm pretty sure I have The Sailor on the Seas of Fate somewhere... if only I can dig it out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Currently Reading...

There is a widget in the sidebar that gives a link to what I am currently reading. This post has the same widget embedded and will be automa...

Popular Posts