Tuesday 16 July 2019

Review: Adolf Hitler: My Part In His Downfall

Adolf Hitler: My Part In His Downfall Adolf Hitler: My Part In His Downfall by Spike Milligan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I came across The Goon Show as a young boy by accident (as far as I remember) when I heard it on Radio 4 in a Sunday afternoon comedy slot. I subsequently found a book of Goon Show scripts in the local library. I read and re-read it, committing large chunks to memory, and would recite sections at length to anyone unfortunate enough to get cornered by me.

Having discovered Milligan, I went looking for more. The local library also produced a copy of this book. I thought it was the funniest thing I'd ever read! Reading it again, many years later, it still made me laugh out loud but this time I was much more aware of the sadness and melancholy in his tale.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Currently Reading...

There is a widget in the sidebar that gives a link to what I am currently reading. This post has the same widget embedded and will be automa...

Popular Posts