Thursday 18 July 2019

Review: Howard the Duck

Howard the Duck Howard the Duck by Steve Gerber
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I had a complete run of the original Howard The Duck comics that I lost (along with others) in the "The Great Roof Leak" of the 1980's. I was therefore very pleased to find this collection in a charity shop. Annoyingly, however, it only has issues 1 to 8 and (bizarrely) issue 16.

Issue 16 is a particular weird choice since it is an essay rather than a comic... but Gerber was always a wordy writer; see for example the almost solid page of text in issue 2. More annoying is the absence of the Kiss storyline but since it does contain the election attempt for the "All Night" party I am willing to forgive it!

Get Down America!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Currently Reading...

There is a widget in the sidebar that gives a link to what I am currently reading. This post has the same widget embedded and will be automa...

Popular Posts